1 1/2 cups fresh or frozen cranberries
1/4 cup brown sugar, chopped
1 teaspoon cornstarch
1/2 cup chopped walnuts
1/2 cup white sugar
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1/3 cup melted butter
Vanilla ice cream
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C.)
2. Butter a 9 inch cake pan. Combine the cranberries, brown sugar, walnuts and cornstarch in a bowl. Layer the cranberies mixture on the bottom of cake pan.
3. In a large bowl, beat egg. Gradually add sugar, beating until thoroughly blended. Stir in flour and melted butter. Blend well and pour over cranberries.
4. Bake in the preheated oven for 45 minutes, or until golden brown. Allow the cake to cool at room temperature for 10 minutes then invert on a serving platter.
5. Serve warm with vanilla ice cream.